Who we can support and how
We work with food entrepreneurs, small food businesses, investors, accelerator programmes and those new to the food industry.
We offer focused training that covers all stages of the commercialization of an idea from “Thought to Fork”.
A four hour interactive workshop covering the “Do’s” and “Don’ts” of New Product Development. Face to face or Online
Topic Specific Training
Topic specific webinars e.g. Creating a HACCP plan, Basics of project management, Basics of nutrition and labelling.
Tailored Training and Support
Tailored to your needs, we can provide training, coaching or project specific on location support.
Are you Launch Ready?
Knowing whether you have checked all the necessary boxes before launching your product(s) is vital.
Articles relating to Launch Readiness.
Sizing your batch to match order quantities can reduce wasteA small jam producer had perfected their recipe for artisanal jam. They knew exactly what quantities of raw material to buy for a batch. A batch would make a multiple of 12 jars. Everything would work...
Hobby or Entrepreneurial Business? Costings will show you which one you haveCosting a product in your home kitchen should be easy, but is it? All the elements of making your product are there in front of you but… My mother in law made pies in our kitchen for a local...
Making assumptions about lead times can come at a cost.So here you are, recipe done, packaging done, ingredients identified and tested, shelf life completed, product sold in! You are approaching your first production run with confidence. What could possibly go wrong!...
Thought to Fork
The Thought to Fork concept allows us to help you at every stage of your food business journey.
Through the ‘Thought to Fork’ stages, these are all the ways we can help.
Getting the concept right is the keystone to success. We can help you to identify and robustly test:-
- What consumer problem are you solving?
- How your product is different from the competition?
- What is your brand positioning?
- Success with “Me too” products is difficult but “Me Three+” is almost impossible.
To translate a concept into a viable product design, requires expertise. Our experience is invaluable for:
- Logically developing commercially viable recipes
- Designing in food safety controls
- Ensuring Legal and Regulatory compliance
- Shelf Life Measurement and Optimisation
Successfully executing a Product Design in to a Processing environment involves many challenges we have beaten before.
- Ensuring product consistent performance
- Continued food safety control
- Optimising production efficiency at scale
- Make or Buy options
- Cost Effective Production
Product behaviour in a kitchen environment often changes when volumes and batch sizes increase. Our expertise in a factory environment ensures that:
- Product characteristics and controls are retained
- Process change options are understood
- Operating processes and costs are optimised
- Supply chains are robust
We can work with you to get your product to market by:
- Developing a business case for a profitable business not an expensive hobby
- Ensuring your Product and your Business are Supermarket Ready
- Devising a low cost marketing programme to build your brand profile
- Proposing a “Go to Market” Strategy
When everything is in place we can make a list , and check it twice to provide the best chance for your success:
- “Pressure test” your product against the original concept and target market
- Ensure a launch plan is in place
- Monitor product performance from day one
Method of Delivery
We can deliver most of our services through different methods, geared towards what suits you best, keeping all of us Covid secure.
We offer support on a one-to-one consulting basis from any of our four partners whose skills are matched to your needs.
Workshops and Training
One of the best ways to get started is to join us at a workshop and we will be able to help you with all of the services outlined above and more!
We are also able to offer hands on support on location, whether that’s your kitchen, pilot plant or factory.